Challenges and opportunities of a just transition
At the COP26 in Glasgow, South Africa signed the first partnership for a Just Energy Transition (JET-P). What can we learn two years later from this ground-breaking partnership and how does it resonate with the broader concept of a just transition? In this session, the panellists are invited to reflect on the implications of a just transition in low- and middle-income countries and share the learnings of the South African JET-P so far.
- Saul Musker | The Presidency | South Africa
- Shameela Soobramoney | National Business Initiative – NBI | South Africa
- Erica Gerretsen | European Union | Belgium
- Yaye Catherine Diop | Ministry of Petroleum and Energies | Senegal
- Mark Swilling | Stellenbosch University | South Africa
Moderator: Africa Melane